Our home or office service for your osteopathic emergencies in Montreal 7 days a week
What is an osteopathic emergency?
The emergency treated by an osteopath is known as a functional emergency. It manifests itself as acute pain (sprains, lower back pain, migraines, etc.) that prevents you from carrying out your daily activities and affects your quality of life. Stress, poor posture or incorrect movement (also known as “false movement”) are often the causes of an onset of pain. These come on top of problems that have already been identified, but whose rapid inflammation becomes unbearable.
It is important to distinguish between functional and medical emergencies. The latter does not fall within the osteopath’s remit. For example, a haemorrhage, organ damage after an accident, respiratory distress, stroke, fractures, etc. If you have these symptoms or if your prognosis is critical, contact the Quebec emergency service (911) as soon as possible or go to your nearest hospital.
The most common functional emergencies
Our osteopaths come to your home or workplace anywhere on the island of Montreal to help relieve your pain.
- Lower back pain (lumbago): intense pain in the lumbar vertebrae at the base of the back, which can be accompanied by a feeling of blockage.
- Sciatica: pain in a lower limb located along a path of the sciatic nerve.
- Joint locking: the sensation of a locked limb.
- Cervical sprain: injury to ligaments accompanied by neck muscle pain and possibly headaches.
- Torticollis: neck pain caused by a muscle contracture.
- Neuralgia: sudden pain in the path of a nerve (face, neck, mouth, pelvis, etc.).
- Sports injuries.
- Gynaecological pain: pregnancy, endometriosis.
- Digestive pain (constipation, irritable bowel syndrome).
- Severe migraines.
The osteopath will do everything in their power to relieve your pain. However, if the pain persists, do not hesitate to consult your family doctor or go to a hospital emergency department.
Urgent-Osteo, your osteopath at home or in the workplace
Organisation of the osteopathic emergency service
Our osteopaths are there to help you every day of the year, from 7 am to 10 pm. Our scope of action includes:
- at the clinic;
- at home;
- at your place of work.
In an emergency, please call 514-175-5108 so that one of our staff can take care of you within a maximum of 2 hours. You can also book an appointment online.
Treatment by an osteopath under the best possible conditions
During an emergency consultation, our osteopaths ensure that they provide the quality of care similar to that offered in a clinic.
- Telephone assessment: the circumstances in which the pain appeared, your medical history and the symptoms identified. This telephone interview enables your osteopath to make an initial assessment of your case and, if necessary, refer you to emergency services.
- Course of the session: if you are unable to travel, our osteopaths will come to your home or workplace. The health measures, professional equipment and techniques used are identical to those used in clinics.
- Preventive action and advice: at each consultation, our team members examine the body as a whole and make recommendations to ensure that the work carried out lasts.
Geographical area covered by the emergency service
Need a home osteopath in Montreal? Our service for functional emergencies covers the whole island of Montreal.
- Le plateau Mont-Royal
- Le Sud-Ouest
Are you experiencing sudden pain that is affecting your quality of life? Make an appointment online with one of our osteopaths.